Law Office of Heather A. Ijames
Reno and Sparks Lawyer Specializing in Corporate Counsel, Business Law, Real Estate & Homeowner's Association Law
There are two types of lawyers you can contact. The first is the one you ask to litigate you out of a problem, and the second is the one you call to avoid litigation altogether.
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
This is the motto of our firm in an ever-evolving world of entrepreneurship and ownership, which requires owners to be smarter than the legal pitfalls of tomorrow. We understand that the last thing any person wants to do is leave their business or personal affairs unprotected.
Yet, that is often the result when parties rely on navigating through business and personal transactions without first consulting with an attorney, or when they rely on self-help methods and form contracts that can be found online. Call Ijames Law to make sure all your business law and personal transaction needs are met with efficiency, knowledge, and results.
Schedule a Consultation
What Makes Us Different?
Between the marble colonnades of overpriced firms, and the online legal services that are too broad to rely on, Heather Ijames offers you the middle ground of comprehensive services without the high legal costs. Many firms are only interested in billable hours. At Ijames Law, we care about people’s lives and the success of their businesses.
A consultation with Ijames Law is about creating lasting relationships. With any good relationship, you need someone who will be attentive to your needs, someone you can trust, and someone who will always be in your corner.
Ijames Law attends to every need that your business might need, from employee issues, to regulatory and statutory compliance, and even making sure your accounts receivables are collected.
Corporate Counsel Reno and Business Law Services
Services for businesses include:
- Entity formation and registered agent services
- Corporate counsel designation for protection and negotiation leverage in all business transactions
- Collection of monies owed
- Defense and prosecution of claims asserted against the business, including those by state and federal authorities
- Human Resources legal compliance which includes ADA compliance, HIPPA Compliance, employee matters, confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements
- Review and/or drafting of all business contracts including leases, buy/sell agreements, and termination agreements, etc.
Services for individuals include:
- General counsel designation for protection and negotiation leverage when transacting with other individuals and businesses
- Creation of trusts, wills, and powers of attorney--both health care and financial
- Review and drafting of residential and commercial leases
- Review and advisement of real property purchase and sale documents
- Collection of debt
- Drafting of promissory notes, etc.